Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
1. About The Producer Register Limited and these terms
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://www.producerregister.ie (our/the “Site”).
The Site operated by The Producer Register Limited, referred to as “we” or “us”. We are a limited company registered in Ireland under company number 574305 and have our registered office at Unit 47, Northwood Court, Santry, Dublin 9, Ireland.
We act as the “Registration Body” under S.I. No. 400/2017 - Waste Management (Tyres and Waste Tyres) Regulations 2017, as amended, S.I. No. 283/2014 - European Union (Batteries and Accumulators) Regulations 2014 and S.I. No. 149/2014 - European Union (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations 2014, (together, the “Regulations”) and have approval from the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment (previously the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government) to perform the functions of the Registration Body under the Regulations, which include the registration of producers of electrical and electronic equipment, batteries, accumulators and tyres (“Producers”) in Ireland.
2. Use of the Site
The Site contains two sections. The Site is publicly accessible and contains general information about us and the Regulations and the public register of Producers. There is a restricted log-in section that is for Producers to view their information and submit registration applications and other information to us. The terms applicable to your use of the Site depend on whether you are a general visitor or a Producer. Please be advised that the materials contained on (and the publications provided within) the Site are not intended to provide, and do not constitute or comprise, advice on any particular matter. They are provided for general information purposes only in furtherance of our statutory functions under the Regulations.
3. Acceptance of the terms
4. Terms applicable to Producers
Only persons who are, or who are acting on behalf of, Producers registered on the Site’s online registration system (“Registered Producers”), may access the “Registered Producers’ Section” (the “Producers’ Services”) of the Site.
Where you use our site as a Registered Producer, rather than as a member of the public, you agree to the following terms:
- Registered Producers may use the Registered Producers’ Section and the Producers’ Services to register, manage, and amend their registrations online.
- Registered Producers may access the Registered Producers’ Section of the Site using the User ID and password that they receive from us upon signing up for the online registration system.
- Registered Producers must change the password they receive from us promptly on their first access to the Registered Producers’ Section of the Site. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your log in information.
- As a Registered Producer, you acknowledge and agree that all information submitted by you to through the Registered Producers’ Section of the Site will be complete, accurate and up to date, and you warrant that you are fully entitled in law to share this information with us (including that you have made any relevant individuals whose personal data is being shared aware of this).
- As a Registered Producer, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable and royalty free licence to use the information submitted by you to through the Registered Producers’ Section of the Site (including any intellectual property rights associated with it).
- As a Registered Producer, you agree and acknowledge that non-registered users (i.e. members of the public) will be able to view information from the published register of registered Producers as made available on public access section of the Site.
5. We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time and any changes shall be posted to the Site. Your continued use of the Site after changes have been made to these terms and published online constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
6. We may suspend or withdraw the Site
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons.
7. How you may use material on the Site and link to the Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and all such rights are reserved.
You may print a copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the Site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content on the Site is provided for information purposes (based on information provided by Producers and other third parties) and to fulfil our statutory duty to maintain an online register of Producers. The pages contained in the Site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors or other omissions. Although we make all reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are required under the Regulations to provide links to other EU Member State registers on our Site. Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and take no responsibility for the material published on them.
9. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Liability for any and all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Site or any content on it is hereby excluded.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: (a) use of, or inability to use, the Site; or (b) use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
In particular, we will not be liable for any loss of profits, revenue, sales, business or business opportunity, anticipated savings, or loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation or liability for business interruption (whether direct or indirect) or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
10. How we may use your personal information
Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://www.producerregister.ie/privacy-policy which explains how we process personal data submitted or otherwise collected by us for use on the Site.
11. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
While we make every effort to ensure the Site is secure and free from bugs or viruses, we cannot not guarantee that this will be the case. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
12. Which country’s laws apply to these terms and any disputes?
13. Contact us
To contact us, please email email@example.com or call us at +353 1 5522606. You may also write to us at The Producer Register Ltd, Unit 47, Block 5, Northwood Court, Santry, Dublin 9, D09 FY88.
Our office Opening Hours are: 0900-1330hrs & 1400-1700hrs